Photographer/Videographer – Part-time Position
WHO WE ARE:
We are an experienced team of Overachievers, Creative Geniuses & Dog Lovers. We’re also very effective BRAND STORYTELLERS! CREATIVITY and STRATEGY are our PRIME SERVICES! Our team of experts create meaningful relationships between brands and their customers. For over 45 YEARS our team at CREATIVE has been ensuring that every client’s unique brand vision is accurately relayed to the people who matter the most!
We are seeking a Photographer/Videographer to join our Edmonton team on a freelance/contract basis. The incumbent thrives in the creative expression in the visual medium.
What you’ll be doing…
- Create permanent visual images and/or video assets for an exceptionally wide range of creative, technical, and documentary purposes
- Consult with stakeholders before, during, and after production
- Creative decisions and execution are reflection and elaboration of the Brand vision
- Coordinate all the elements of a photoshoot – storyboard, concept brief, models, actors, venue, and props
- Liaise with other professionals, including graphic designers, content writers, web designer, social media specialists, etc.
- Continuously discover and implement new shooting technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and footage quality
- Ability to shoot in different locations in and around Edmonton and in different circumstances to get the perfect content
- Extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting, and specialist software
- Developing expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults, or moving objects around
- Produce a variety of content types in the form of high-quality photos or videos, stop-motion, Gifs, cinemographs, boomerangs
- Product Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ensure management is informed and up-to-date on the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
Contract-Based Per Hour. Pay will depend on experience but ranges from $30 to $75 per hour.
This is for you if have:
- Proven experience in storytelling in the visual medium
- Well versed in digital communication and project coordination platforms including Monday.com, Websites, and social media platforms
- Demonstrable video shooting ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, and the essence of brand representation
- Motion graphic and 3D animation skill set is an asset
- Your own equipment (own it or rent it as required)
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), MS Project, Agile Software, and MS Visio or similar product for process flow
- Organized and disciplined with a track record of completing tasks on time and to a high standard
- An individual who cares deeply about creating a unique brand experience
- Solid experience with digital technology and post-edit software packages (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and/or After Effects)
- Strong attention to detail
An award-winning culture which means our people are amazing!
Freedom and flexibility and opportunity for growth
You’re invited to join our team and we can’t wait to meet you! Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch shortly.