CATHERINE BUCHANAN | May 21, 2020 • 4 min read
As I lay in bed enjoying the first scroll through my Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn feeds this morning, I’m acutely aware of how much this ritual has become a focal point in my life. According to the Canadian Internet Registration Authority, 90% of Canadians have an Internet connection, with nearly all of them using social media to some extent, and 61% using it daily. Most people who I know, (ranging from 12 to 80 years old) would fall into the latter statistic. It makes sense, therefore, that marketers have recognized that social media is one of the best ways to reach their target audience.
“But do I really need social media marketing for my business?”
While many still find the idea of social media marketing to be an overwhelming mystery, its importance cannot be overstated. Forbes magazine reports that nearly all marketers are now using social media as a promotional tool, and many attribute a notable increase in sales and brand awareness to social media. Some might say that without a social media strategy, a 2020 Marketing Plan is considered incomplete. One great way to keep tabs on competitive businesses is to check out their social media. If they don’t have a presence now, the chances are that either they’ll have one soon, or they won’t be the competition for long!
“Are the benefits of social media marketing tangible?”
Benefits are 100% demonstrable. With a badass, breakthrough social media marketing strategy, a business can:
- Grow brand awareness: social media marketing will make it easier to spread the word about products and core messaging.
- Build a larger audience: Facebook alone receives approximately 4.4 billion + visitors each month. How are those mail-outs going for ya? Need I say more?
- Connect better with an audience: survey, examine demographics, take part in conversations, reply to comments, answer questions and collect feedback, so that you can pinpoint needs and respond accordingly.
- Increase website traffic: using social media and linking it to a website has been proven to increase website traffic tremendously. It’s a measurable success that can help narrow down what platforms work best, depending on the product or service being sold.
- Generate more leads: social media is a highly relevant way to gather leads, whether organically or using a paid social media platform. Forms, polls and videos can all be used to connect with viewers and nurture new connections.
- Make more sales and ultimately increase profit! $$ Does this need an explanation? I don’t think so.
“It’s just one more thing to do! I don’t have the time, creativity and expertise for this!”
Yes, I hear you! You’re not alone! That’s where companies like CREATIVE Promotional Marketing Agency step in. Ta-daaa!
Breakthrough Marketing is coming! CREATIVE is beyond excited to host a new series of virtual marketing services that will assist companies in promoting their brands and products online. SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING is the first service of this series to be revealed!
As we’ve noted, many businesses don’t have the time, experience or resources to design and execute a successful social media marketing strategy. Outsourcing social media management has become a very common way to deal with this conundrum. Work smarter, not harder! Sure, anyone is capable of learning anything, but what time is left to actually, you know, do business? By using a company that is specifically designed to pick up the social media management slack, a business can focus on the important products and services that it understands best.
The team at CREATIVE boasts a number of talented, in-house social media experts who are ready to work with clients to develop the creative content and rich social experiences needed to generate new business and keep existing business warm.
“Okay, so what now? How do I pass the baton to get affordable, breakthrough social media marketing for my company?”
A lot of change has happened in the lives of so many, but the one constant is that more people than ever are spending time at home – on social media. If you want to tap into the largest advertising platforms on the planet right now, but you find the idea of building and executing a social media marketing plan daunting, find out what CREATIVE’s social media marketing whizzes can do for you.
CATHERINE BUCHANAN | Catherine is a creative, detail-oriented writer with over 23 years of experience communicating information clearly and effectively and more than 9 years of editing and marketing writing experience. In addition to editing and proofreading business copy, Catherine is known for her captivating website content, stirring marketing collateral, insightful community news articles, appealing advertisement essays and charged videography scripts. Are you interested in seeing how Catherine can help you to convey your value and key messages to your customers? Email her today at email@example.com